Chick-fil-A’s strong 2018 sales growth rated high with food-and-beverage readers this week. The chain is poised to become the third-biggest restaurant brand in the country, with new markets, new menu items and tech investments fueling 12% to 15% growth, according to Kalinowski Equity Research.
Also on the restaurant front, McDonald’s plan to revive morning sales with new breakfast items proved popular.
Procter & Gamble’s upcoming launch of liquid-free cleaning and personal-care products topped this week’s list, and other CPG brands also drew in readers. Nestle’s planned increase in plant-based startups this year made this list, as did new products from Hormel, SeaPak and other brands.
Read the entire top 10:
- P&G to debut liquid-free cleaning, personal care brand
- Chick-fil-A booked double-digit growth in 2018
- McDonald’s beefs up breakfast to drive morning sales
- Nestle to grow plant-based portfolio in 2019
- Sources: Amazon will open more Whole Foods stores
- Forecast: Amazon, Walmart to lead retail change in 2019
- First woman in US to earn 3 Michelin stars hopes to inspire others
- Food trend predictions for the new year span CBD drinks, heme protein
- P&G among brands finding success by paring back product offerings
- Hormel Foods, SeaPak introduce new products
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for Restaurant Smartbrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.