How prevalent is online learning in your organization?
- Extremely -- almost all of us are using online learning platforms: 26%
- Very -- we do a lot of online learning: 34%
- Kind of -- there are a few common online learning opportunities 23%
- Not very -- it's rare that we use online learning: 13%
- Not at all -- we never use online learning platforms: 4%
Migrating online… Slowly. 60% of you are actively using online learning platforms but there’s still a large percentage of you who haven’t fully moved in that direction. This isn’t to say online learning supplants in-person learning. It’s actually a great complement to it. On top of that, your employees see access to online learning tools as a benefit of working for you. With great platforms out there like LinkedIn Learning, you have more access than ever to great content that you can deliver at the point of need. If you haven’t done so already, get familiar with the offerings that are out there and see what your employees have interest in. You may be surprised with how quickly they latch onto those opportunities.
Mike Figliuolo is managing director of thoughtLEADERS. Before launching his own company, he worked at McKinsey & Co., Capital One and Scotts Miracle-Gro. He is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. He's the author of three leadership books: "One Piece of Paper," "Lead Inside the Box" and "The Elegant Pitch."