Halo Top, the ice cream brand that has soared in popularity because of its low-calorie count, has launched a new line of ice cream bars for retail sale, and the story proved popular with SmartBrief’s readers this week.
Other CPG stories that made this week’s Top 10 include a tale of the country’s most-loved candies for Valentine’s Day and TreeHouse Foods’ naming of a new chief commercial officer.
White Castle’s continued innovation of its iconic slider led the list of most-read restaurant stories this week. The company isn’t content to rest on its laurels and it’s continually devising ways to update the tiny burger.
Good Food Institute’s update on the availability of plant-based entrees at the country’s 100 biggest restaurant chains also attracted readers this week.
Food retailers also made news this week, including Kroger, which partnered with Microsoft to create digital shelf tags that won favor with shoppers. Walmart also built buzz with a story about launching quarterly bonuses tied to employee attendance.
Read the entire top 10:
- Halo Top enters ice cream bar category with new launch
- The changing face of White Castle's iconic slider
- Clorox CEO: Hidden Valley growing beyond salads
- Report: Smart & Final considering a sale
- These are the US' most popular Valentine's candies
- Kroger's digital shelf tags deemed influential by shoppers
- Walmart adds quarterly attendance bonuses
- TreeHouse Foods names CPG vet to chief commercial officer role
- Report: More restaurant chains make plant-based cuisine mainstream
- A few simple rules increase the odds of souffle success
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for Restaurant Smartbrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.