Top 10: Kraft Heinz's latest partnership, millennial parents' restaurant desires, Walmart's AI tech
The news that Kraft Heinz is partnering with Food Network star Ree Drummond to bring a condiment and sauce line to store shelves under The Pioneer Woman label topped this week’s list of most-read food and beverage stories. The lineup, coming to stores this month, includes pasta sauce, salad dressing and dips.
In other CPG news, Walmart will be home to two new varieties of Nickelodeon Slime ice cream, and Amazon is entering the private-label condiment category. Stories from Mondelez, Keurig Dr Pepper and Mars also ranked on the week's top 10 list.
On the restaurant front, readers were interested in the news that millennial parents are seeking convenient, healthy dining options that are also family-friendly. Also ranking high among restaurant readers was Burger King’s plan to bring its Impossible Whopper to locations across the country later this year.
In the retail sector, a pair of Walmart stories caught readers’ eyes. The retailer’s use of artificial intelligence at a Long Island, N.Y. Neighborhood Market location is helping the company maximize efficiency. Readers were also drawn to the news that Walmart is developing its own hormone-free Angus beef supply chain to offer customers more transparency.
Read the entire Top 10:
- Kraft Heinz rolls out The Pioneer Woman condiment, sauce line
- Nickelodeon Slime ice cream hits Walmart freezer cases
- Amazon enters private-label condiment space
- What millennial parents want in a restaurant
- CEO: Mondelez seeks premium product acquisitions
- Keurig Dr Pepper puts corporate campus up for sale
- Walmart launches AI-powered concept store in N.Y.
- Burger King to take Impossible Whopper national
- Former M&M's exec: Small changes are easier than new products
- Walmart rolling out its own beef supply chain
- Taking the pulse of SmartLabel
- Robotics in the food industry: Where's the opportunity?
- The pros and cons of coupons in the restaurant space
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.