Several CPG stories resonated with SmartBrief readers this week, starting with plans by Kraft Heinz to craft new vegetable-infused versions of its popular Macaroni & Cheese. Two new flavors will be made with cauliflower and a third will include white beans.
PepsiCo’s plans for a new Bolt24 energy drink under its Gatorade label also won readers. The beverage will debut this summer with three initial flavors. New products from General Mills and changes to Campbell Soup’s research and development strategy also made the top 10.
Retail stories also landed on the most-read list, including plans by Walmart to open a 40,000-square-foot Illinois fulfillment center strictly for grocery pickup and delivery orders. The facility, which was set to open this week, employs personal shoppers who pick grocery orders placed online and via the Walmart Grocery App.
A restaurant story caught readers eyes this week as well. Granite City Food & Brewery focused on fun and sharing in remaking its food and drink menus with more craft beers, cocktails and small plates.
Read the entire Top 10:
- Kraft Heinz adds cauliflower, beans to Macaroni & Cheese
- Walmart opens largest grocery pickup, delivery center
- PepsiCo unveils new Gatorade-branded Bolt24 drink
- How Kroger cut plastic use with a redesigned milk jug
- Campbell Soup shifts R&D strategy to launch products faster
- General Mills unveils plethora of new products
- Report: $15 minimum wage could cut as many as 3.7M jobs by 2025
- CPG brands may pay surcharge to Amazon for discounted Prime Day items
- McKinsey report: How the US dairy landscape is changing
- Granite City freshens menu with a focus on sharing
- New fancy food brands, products reflect ongoing hot trends
- Why direct digital sales are key to success in the restaurant delivery space
- How can grocers and food producers cater to flexitarians?
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for Restaurant Smartbrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.