Top 10: Perfect Day's popular ice cream, Chobani's latest launch and lunch at Lululemon
New product launches had food and beverage readers buzzing this week. News that Perfect Day’s new $20-per-pint ice cream sold out in hours was this week’s most read story. The ice cream is made with dairy milk created in a lab via a fermentation process. Chobani’s debut of nut butter-infused yogurts, new snacks and frozen food items from Conagra, and Nestle’s launch of a no-sugar-added chocolate also proved popular this week. An announcement from General Mills that it will team with GoodBelly Probiotics to roll out a cereal featuring probiotics rounded out the top five.
In restaurant news, Lululemon made headlines with its new flagship store that features an eatery where customers can buy food and draft beer. Summertime dishes also grabbed readers’ attention this week, including a recipe for a salad made with chilled ramen noodles.
Retail readers this week were most interested in a story about grocery chain Lunds & Byerlys, which announced it will shutter all 14 of its pharmacies in Minnesota's Twin Cities area this week.
Check out the full Top 10:
- Perfect Day sells out of $20-per-pint ice cream in hours
- Chobani launches nut butter-infused yogurt line
- Conagra unveils dozens of new products
- Nestle creates chocolate with no additional sugar
- General Mills, GoodBelly to debut probiotic cereal
- Lululemon serves lunch at its newest store
- Chili's franchisee to sell 116 eateries to Brinker
- Peach Melba meets Pavlova in this colorful dessert crossover
- Lunds & Byerlys to close all of its pharmacies
- Ramen salad gives noodles a cooling twist for summer
- New fancy food brands, products reflect ongoing hot trends
- The changing nature of the frozen food aisle
- How can grocers and food producers cater to flexitarians?
Interested in aligning your brand alongside the hot topics of the year? Check out what SmartBrief's Food & Travel editors have identified as trending content topics for 2019 (download).
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for Restaurant Smartbrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.