Top 10: New goldfish crackers and a Fresh Market IPO
New snacks and dairy products from major brands including Campbell Soup-owned Pepperidge Farm, Ferrero and Maple Hill Creamery tempted SmartBrief readers this week, sending the story to the top of the Most-Clicked list. Pepperidge Farm’s newest Goldfish crackers come in Flavor Blasted Cheddar & Sour Cream variety and Ferrero is now making share- and family-size packages of Kinder Bueno Minis.
In other CPG news, Nestle and Clorox unveiled changes to their office spaces to accommodate the needs of employees during the pandemic. Additionally, CPG sales are on track to grow 8.5% this year from 2019, according to the Consumer Brands Association.
In grocery news, The Fresh Market filed plans to go public in a stock offering, news that comes five years after Apollo Global Management acquired the retailer and took it private in a $1.36 billion deal. The North Carolina-based company has 159 stores in 22 states and generated $1.7 billion in sales in the 12 months through Oct. 25, 2020, according to Moody’s.
Walmart’s decision to turn a supercenter into a dedicated location for online retail order fulfillment also drew in readers.
Stories of interest to restaurant readers also made this week’s Top 10 list, including a primer on the potential impact of the American Rescue Plan on restaurant companies. The $1.9 trillion package signed by President Joe Biden last week includes the $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund that will offer grants to help small- and medium-size eateries get back on their feet.
Krispy Kreme’s St. Patrick’s Day-themed doughnuts also landed on the list this week.
Read the entire Top 10:
- Campbell, Ferrero, other brands unveil new products
- CPG firms revamp office spaces to meet changing needs
- Greek feta dip is an adaptable dish for many menus
- Consumer Brands report: Pandemic's lasting effect on CPG
- What the American Rescue Plan means for restaurants
- The Fresh Market plans IPO 5 years after going private
- SNA advocates for universal school meals
- Walmart supercenter to transition to online fulfillment
- Krispy Kreme sees green in St. Patrick's Day promotion
- Report: Amazon plans to open 28 more Fresh stores
- Is the plant-based seafood industry swimming upstream?
- Behind the growth in the dietary supplement, vitamin market
- SmartSummit: The plant-based movement is here to stay
If you enjoyed this article, you can sign up for the FMI dailyLead, ProChef SmartBrief or Restaurant SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox. For even more great news content, sign up for any of SmartBrief’s 275+ free email newsletters today, free.