Top 10: McDonald’s, Target, Peet’s Coffee made news
SmarBrief’s food and beverage readers had varied interests this week, with stories about The Fresh Market, McDonald’s, Target and Peet’s Coffee among those garnering the most clicks.
On the grocery side, news of The Fresh Market’s reimagined flagship store in Greensboro, N.C., made waves. The location has a made-to-order restaurant concept that includes everything from smoothies to pork barbecue, as well as a coffee experience. Target’s preparedness for the holiday shopping season and supply chain challenges also interested readers.
Restaurant readers clicked on news about McDonald’s upcoming Friendsgaming event, which will promote the chain's Crispy Chicken Sandwich, as well as Peet’s Coffee’s redesigned loyalty program and upgraded app.
In CPG news, Mars Wrigley’s digital storefronts for its confectionery brands and Ferrero’s increased sales of Halloween candy in seasonal packaging had readers clicking. Salmonella infections caused by salami snacks also interested readers, as did the FDA’s efforts to contain a Salmonella outbreak linked to onions.
Read the full Top 10 below:
- Fresh Market flagship offers new culinary experience
- McDonald's invites gamers to the first Friendsgaming
- CDC says Salmonella infections tied to salami snacks
- CEO: Target is ready to face supply chain challenges
- N.Y. school nutrition programs sample meal options
- SNA: Schools go to "great lengths" to serve healthy meals
- How Mars Wrigley meets consumers online
- Peet's Coffee perks up its rewards program
- FDA assisting with ongoing salmonella outbreak
- Ferrero VP: Seasonal packaging, premium candy spur sales
- How fancy food brands can feed consumers in the pandemic and beyond
- Grocers embrace robotics, automated systems
- Restaurants turn to tech tools to streamline vaccine requirements, verification
If you liked this article, sign up for SmartBrief’s free email newsletter from the Consumer Brands Association. It’s among SmartBrief's more than 250 industry-focused newsletters.