Every week, Restaurant SmartBrief editors scour the Internet for the breaking news and best-practices stories that restaurant owners and managers need to make their businesses smarter. However, every week, hundreds of fascinating food, beverage and restaurant stories don’t make the cut. Here are a few of my favorite stories from the past week that didn’t make the newsletter:
- 5 tips to get customers more engaged on Facebook, from The Bar Blogger.
- The Daily Meal clears up misconceptions about gluten.
- The lowdown on affordable sparkling wine, just in time for Valentine’s Day and courtesy of the Chicago Tribune.
- Have you considered reservation-management technology or software? Why you should think about it, according to The Black Board.
- A marketing action plan for Valentine’s Day: 7 tips from Must Have Menus blog.
- The cutest truffles I’ve ever seen, thanks to Eat Live Run.