Critical Care SmartBrief readers this past week weighed in on the following survey question:
What’s one new, successful protocol or workflow your facility has implemented amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
Their insights and answers:
- Fluid staffing between COVID and other units.
- Use of enhanced PPE including (power air-purifying respirators) for resuscitation
- Routine monitoring for compliance with appropriate PPE use
- Placing ICU COVID patients in adjoining rooms so PPE could be conserved and workflow streamlined.
- Steroids, anticoagulants and, if necessary, remdesivir
See this week’s brief for the next survey question and be sure to submit a response.
Kathryn Doherty has been a health editor with SmartBrief for 15 years. She has covered many facets of the health care industry during that time and currently focuses on physicians, health care providers, nutrition and wellness.
Sign up for Critical Care SmartBrief for more critical care news, research and commentary. And for more health care content delivered straight to your inbox, check out all of SmartBrief’s health care newsletters, covering health IT, news for insurers, news for health care providers and more.