SmartBrief readers were most interested in stories about the future of the food industry from all aspects this week. Chipotle‘s future plans for a fast-casual burger concept gave them a glimpse at where the company could be going next in the restaurant industry, while Amazon‘s move to expand its Dash re-ordering service to include brands like ConAgra and PepsiCo looked at food retail and its future in e-commerce. News about General Mills and the Coca-Cola Co. investing in the future of food through aligning with small startups was also popular this week.
Readers also clicked on stories about branding efforts from restaurants, manufacturers and retailers. Sonic‘s campaign that featured a line of shakes designed specifically for Instagram was a popular story, as were stories about Kellogg‘s efforts to get consumers thinking about eating cereal at night and Chicago restaurant Protein Bar changing its strategy to focus on more proteins. Kroger‘s investment in the hard discount sector through expansion of its Ruler Foods banner proved another popular story.
Read these stories and all the others that made this week’s list of the 10 most-clicked food and beverage stories:
- Chipotle may create a fast-casual burger concept
- Food & Wine names the 12 best new chefs of 2016
- Sonic designs a shake especially for Instagram
- Amazon expands Dash button lineup with ConAgra, PepsiCo products
- PepsiCo shakes up management amid Frito-Lay chief’s exit
- Big brands fund startups shaping the future of food
- Vegetarian paella puts a seasonal spin on the Spanish favorite
- Kellogg ads reposition cereal as nighttime snack
- Chicago’s Protein Bar to change with consumer tastes
- Kroger to expand hard discounter format Ruler Foods
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 14 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.