Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SmartBrief?
- How does SmartBrief use my information?
- How do I send comments or suggestions for new content?
- I have a question about my membership or a service provided by one of SmartBrief’s publishing partners.
- Why do the briefs have advertisements?
- Do you have a mobile app?
- Why do I need to register to read the full article that is linked to the summary?
SmartBrief is the leading online publisher of targeted business news and information by industry.
By combining technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies nonprofits and corporate entities. Click here to see a full list of our e-mail newsletters.
SmartBrief provides e-mail newsletters in partnership with associations, professional societies and corporations but cannot answer questions regarding membership information or our partners’ other services. Please contact the partner organization directly for assistance.
It takes a lot of work to bring readers the most important industry news and making room for paid advertising allows us to continue sending SmartBrief to our readers free of charge. If you have feedback about specific advertisements, click here to contact us.
We try to cover a broad range of relevant news and, while we strive to use as many free and unrestricted websites as possible, it is nearly impossible to deliver balanced and informed SmartBriefs without including some news sites that require readers to register or pay for access. When this is true, an alternative link is almost always provided. You are responsible for registering on individual websites to access their content.
- How do I partner with SmartBrief?
- How can I advertise in SmartBrief?
- How can I post a job in a SmartBrief newsletter, or see all jobs posted with SmartBrief?
- How do I post a press release?
- Can I post copies of your summaries on my Web site, or include them in my newsletter?
- Where can I find out more about working at SmartBrief?
You cannot post summaries without our express, written permission. Failure to do so would be a violation of SmartBrief's copyright. Please contact us for more information about securing reprinting rights to SmartBrief content.
To ensure our newsletter get to you, please add our newletter's "from" address to your "safe senders" or "approved senders" list. If you don't have something like that, you may need to chat with your IT folks so they can allow our messages through your mail server. For more information about our mail servers, please see the 'Technical Issues' section of this FAQ. As always, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our feedback page.
If you have unsubscribed and still receive the newsletter, it is probably because you are signed up to receive the newsletter at a different e-mail address. To ensure that the correct address is being unsubscribed, please use the unsubscribe link in the footer of the SmartBrief e-mail.
Our distribution system will not send an identical copy of one of our e-mail newsletters to a single address. If you are receiving two identical SmartBriefs each day, please make sure that you are not subscribed under two separate e-mail addresses.
You can verify your subscription address by looking in the footer of the e-mail message where it says "This SmartBrief was created for ..."
From there, you can unsubscribe one of the addresses using the Unsubscribe link in the corresponding SmartBrief e-mail.
If you have recently stopped receiving your SmartBrief newsletters, the messages may be getting blocked by your network. Please contact your local network administrator to see if a spam blocker has been installed in your company's servers. You can also refer your network administrator to our “Technical Issues” section on this page for more information.
Technical Issues (3)
SmartBrief has the ability to throttle connections on a per domain basis, and we'd be happy to lower the connection speed and/or number of connections for your domain. Please send your request to email@example.com with the domain name and your full contact info.
SmartBrief sends mail from the following domains:
Our newsletters are sent from the following 17 mail servers:
- mail1.smartbrief.com 220.127.116.11
- mail2.smartbrief.com 18.104.22.168
- mail3.smartbrief.com 22.214.171.124
- mail4.smartbrief.com 126.96.36.199
- mail5.smartbrief.com 188.8.131.52
- mail6.smartbrief.com 184.108.40.206
- mail7.smartbrief.com 220.127.116.11
- mail8.smartbrief.com 18.104.22.168
- mail9.smartbrief.com 22.214.171.124
- mail10.smartbrief.com 126.96.36.199
- mail11.smartbrief.com 188.8.131.52
- mail12.smartbrief.com 184.108.40.206
- mail13.smartbrief.com 220.127.116.11
- mail14.smartbrief.com 18.104.22.168
- mail15.smartbrief.com 22.214.171.124
- mail16.smartbrief.com 126.96.36.199
- mail17.smartbrief.com 188.8.131.52
Our transactional emails are sent from the following four servers:
- web1.smartbrief.com 184.108.40.206
- web2.smartbrief.com 220.127.116.11
- web3.smartbrief.com 18.104.22.168
- utility2.smartbrief.com 22.214.171.124
All servers have properly configured reverse DNS entries. We also employ SPF and DKIM to help assure proper delivery.