Top 10: Kraft's Salad Frosting, Walmart's plans, McDonald's campus sale
The news that Kraft is bringing Salad Frosting to store shelves topped this week’s list of most-read stories. The product, which brings the brand’s Classic Ranch Dressing to a squeezable pouch format, aims to encourage kids to eat more vegetables.
In other CPG news, General Mills is rolling out a Mermaid Cereal featuring corn puffs in the shapes of tails and stars. Stories from Ferrero, Green Giant and Procter & Gamble also ranked on the week's top 10 list.
In the food retail sector, a pair of Walmart stories caught readers’ eyes. The retailer recently shared new plans on the technology and delivery fronts, as well as information about a new corporate campus. Readers were also drawn to the news that Walmart is changing its employees’ uniforms.
On the restaurant side, readers were interested in the news of McDonald’s sale of its former Oak Brook, Ill. campus, as well as a story about how Generation Z’s dining preferences are having an effect on restaurant menus.
Read the entire Top 10:
- Kraft debuts Salad Frosting
- Walmart uses its annual meeting to share new plans
- General Mills introduces Mermaid Cereal
- Ferrero moves to compete in US candy arena
- Kraft Heinz swiftly sells out of "EdChup"
- McDonald's sells 80-acre former campus in Oak Brook, Ill.
- Will Gen Z's dining preferences reshape restaurant menus?
- Walmart to change employees' uniforms
- Green Giant, Ocean Spray among brands releasing new products
- P&G piloting refillable Olay container
- What does the future hold for grocery e-commerce fulfillment?
- What’s next for plant-based brands in a flexitarian world?
- B&I foodservice: Opportunities and obstacles
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.