Working with highly respected B2B research firm Summus, our intent is to create a definitive “State of Social Media for Business” research report that will be updated at least annually to provide a unique look at how companies are adapting to and benefiting from online technologies over time.
A total of 5,500 professionals across all industries have participated in our study so far, and the findings that have emerged about how businesses are using social media now — and want to be in the future — are fascinating.
Some restaurant-specific data to whet your whistle:
- Restaurants are ahead of the curve: 81% are currently using social media, compared with 60% in other industries.
- 52% of restaurants have seen more positive mentions as a result of their social-media presence.
- Facebook is a key platform: only 3% of responding restaurateurs don’t use it.
- Twitter is underutilized: 28.13% of restaurants say they don’t use it.
- While not a major presence yet, Foursquare is more important to restaurants than other industries.
Interesting results? You bet– but here’s the rub: The restaurant industry is widely underrepresented in our sample. We need more voices like yours.
If you take our survey by the close of business Friday, June 25, you’ll be eligible win a shiny new iPad. And, as a bonus, once we’ve heard from you and have completed the study, we’ll report all the highlights here for your benefit.
The survey will take 10 minutes, the results should be eye-opening, and your odds of winning are outstanding.
Image Credit, RobynMac, via iStockPhoto