The most-read food and beverage news for this week spanned evenly over food retail, CPG and foodservice with news of Ahold Delhaize’s formation and new logo taking the top two spots. The now-fourth-largest U.S. grocery retailer combined the two companies’ crown and lion logos to mark the new combined retailer whose US store roster will include about 2,000 Stop & Shop, Giant, bfresh, Martin’s, Hannaford and Food Lion stores, among other retail operations. The company also debuted a new website.
Also in the top five included General Mills’s overhaul of its yogurt unit, transferring successful strategies from its cereal innovations, Convenience store retailer 7-Eleven making its first drone delivery in the U.S., and Chick-fil-A signing on with a new ad agency.
Check out the rest of the top 10 most-popular stories in SmartBrief on Food & Beverage briefs this week:
- Why Ahold Delhaize will be a grocery stronghold in the US
- Ahold Delhaize debuts new logo for combined company
- General Mills overhauling yogurt unit
- 7-Eleven makes first drone delivery in the US
- Chick-fil-A to diversify advertising with new agency
- ConAgra, Hormel, J&J among companies debuting organic products
- Ice cream, tea brands boost Unilever sales
- Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill shows promising growth in 2016
- ConAgra divests two units
- Second Manhattan Eataly to open in World Trade Center
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 14 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.