The effects of the new overtime rules on the industry drew the most attention from SmartBrief’s food and beverage readers this week, along with cooking techniques. Readers clicked on stories about taking the hassle out of cooking smoked brisket and making the perfect egg using a steam-cooking approach.
News about Campbell also did well with readers this week. The company’s Fresh division strategy to grow through new plant-based milk and other products ranked among the top-clicked stories, as did its new Well, Yes! soup line that will have a healthy focus and include ingredients like kale and quinoa.
Company news about Chipotle’s new Tasty Made burger concept, Kellogg’s limited-release fall breakfast line, Wegmans’ strategy in North Carolina and Sweetgreen’s move to cashless-only payments at some stores also made this week’s list of the most popular stories. Check out the full list below:
- How will eateries adjust to higher wages, new OT rules?
- Sous vide takes the babysitting out of smoked brisket
- Campbell to grow Fresh division with new plant-based milks
- Chipotle to debut Tasty Made burger concept in Ohio
- Kellogg debuts limited-edition breakfast products for fall
- Campbell to debut new health-focused soup line
- Why N.C. is a target market for Wegmans
- Sweetgreen ends cash payment options at 6 restaurants
- SUPERVALU looks at Save-A-Lot auction over spin-off, sources say
- Steam-cooking yields tender, luxurious eggs
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 17 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.