New products from high-profile brands resonated with readers this week, starting with a limited-edition line of Hershey candy that incorporates some of the “Flavors of America.” The collection includes Hershey’s Kisses Coconut Almond Flavored Candies and PayDay BBQ Flavored Bars, reflecting the iconic flavors of Hawaii and Texas respectively. Five new Vegetable Pasta products from Birds Eye also proved popular with food and beverage readers, as did the debut of edible air from Pringles.
In the restaurant world, the new Signature Crafted sandwich menu from McDonald’s gives customers the chance to customize their premium burgers and chicken sandwiches by mixing and matching toppings. Also popular: Buffalo Wild Wings plans for cutting costs, this year’s James Beard Foundation award winners and Pret A Manger’s strategy for US growth.
Read the entire top 10 list:
- Hershey embraces “Flavors of America” with 6 new products
- McDonald’s introduces premium Signature Crafted sandwich menu
- Buffalo Wild Wings shares details of cost-cutting plan
- James Beard Award winners include Rick Bayless, Michael Solomonov
- Vegetable Pasta among Birds Eye’s 5 new product lines
- Harmening named CEO at General Mills
- New packaging sparked $58M sales gain for Lean Cuisine Marketplace line
- Pringles debuts edible air through Flavor Cloud
- Pret A Manger eyes a bigger US presence
- PepsiCo CEO aims to forge retailer partnerships to “reinvent center store”
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.