A headquarters renovation from Kraft Heinz was this week’s most-clicked story among SmartBrief’s food and beverage readers. The company’s Chicago office will accommodate its new hybrid work model that focuses on meeting spaces over desks and offers enhanced videoconferencing technology for collaboration between in-office and at-home employees.
Employee news from Tyson Foods also made this week’s Top 10, with the company offering five weekly $10,000 lottery rewards for workers who receive at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Tyson has put a mandate in place that employees must be vaccinated against the virus by Nov. 1.
In restaurant and culinary news, the National Restaurant Association’s midyear state of the industry report showed the tight labor market and Delta variant are among the current challenges for restaurants. FAT Brands’ $300 million acquisition of Twin Peaks Restaurant and a recipe for Italian meatballs made with a mixture of beef, veal and pork also caught readers’ attention.
On the food retail side, readers were drawn in by news that Schnuck Markets is rolling out Tally robots to all of its stores. The Simbe Robotics creations will capture real-time data to help with inventory, and help with positioning and promotions, among other duties. A partnership among Walmart, Sam’s Club and PepsiCo that will make recycling easier for consumers also made news this week.
Read the full Top 10:
- Kraft Heinz HQ is out with desks, in with collaboration
- Midyear report tallies restaurant growth, challenges
- Bill would establish free school meals for all
- Twin Peaks sold to FAT Brands in $300M deal
- Italian meatballs so good they don’t need pasta
- Schnucks rolls out robots in all of its stores
- NYC permanently caps third-party delivery fees
- Culinary bookstore owner dishes on fall’s top cookbooks
- Walmart, Sam’s Club, PepsiCo roll out recycling effort
- Tyson Foods holds vaccine lottery for plant workers
- The food retail workforce: Where the industry stands
- Looking at the future of restaurant technology
- Restaurants embrace plant-based meat alternatives tailored to their brands
If you enjoyed this article, you can sign up for the FMI dailyLead, ProChef SmartBrief or Restaurant SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox. For even more great news content, sign up for any of SmartBrief’s 275+ free email newsletters today, free.