The news that Mondelez will be releasing Most Stuf Oreos in January topped the list of most-read food and beverage stories this week. The cookies will offer consumers more than triple the amount of creme that a standard Oreo contains. CPG readers were also drawn to the news that PepsiCo is debuting a Quaker Oat Beverage, as well as a story about how Procter & Gamble plans to raise prices on select products by up to 10% in 2019.
In grocery retail news, Kroger’s predictions for next year’s top food and beverage trends were a hit with readers. UNFI’s acquisition of SUPERVALU also rated high among SmartBrief’s audience.
Restaurant readers were interested in a story about McDonald’s new Triple Breakfast Stacks, which will debut on Nov. 1. The sandwiches mark the chain’s first addition to its breakfast menu since 2013, when the Egg White Delight debuted. Check out the full list of this week’s 10 most popular food and beverage stories from SmartBrief:
- Most Stuf Oreos to hit shelves next year
- Kroger team predicts next year’s top food trends
- PepsiCo enters oat milk space with Quaker Oat Beverage launch
- P&G to raise prices on select items by up to 10% next year
- UNFI completes SUPERVALU acquisition. Now what?
- McDonald’s to debut first new breakfast item in 5 years
- P&G debuts customized 3D-printed Gillette razors
- Coca-Cola rolls out Fairlife-branded snack drink line
- Green Giant rolls out meal bowls
- Mondelez CEO shares insights on snack development
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.