Marriage…Ed Sheeran…don’t worry, we’re still focused on food and beverage — this week’s most-read stories just ran the gamut, touching on some topics that spread a bit beyond the usual.
Coming in third was a story in which Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey compared the current ownership situation to his nearly three-decade marriage to his wife, Deborah. “Do we love absolutely everything about Amazon? No. We probably love 98%,” Mackey said.
What about Ed Sheeran? That story came in as the ninth most-clicked on article and related to Heinz Ketchup and its Ed Sheeran-inspired bottle. The 150 Ed Sheeran X Heinz limited-edition bottles feature some of Sheeran’s tattoos, and three of them are set for auction to benefit Rise Against Hunger and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Other popular stories this week focused on the new — news about new facilities: a new innovation center for Chobani, which came in as the most-clicked story this week, and H-E-B planning a five-story, 150,000-square-foot tech center in San Antonio. News about new products also made the list, including Nestle‘s Nescafe Gold brand’s plant-based, Vegan Society-certified lattes, Procter & Gamble’s first-of-its-kind razor designed for caregivers who help others shave, and Chick-fil-A’s new mac and cheese offering on its menus nationwide as a side dish, kid’s menu item and catering option.
On the sweet side of the aisle, news about Graeter’s Ice Cream preparing to celebrate 150 years in 2020 by launching a darker color scheme for its ice cream pints came in second, and Brach’s new Mermaid Fruity Candy Corn also made the list.
Check out the complete list of this week’s top 10 most-clicked stories in SmartBrief’s food and beverage briefs:
- Chobani unveils new innovation center
- New look coming for Graeter’s Ice Cream
- Whole Foods CEO compares Amazon ownership to a good marriage
- M&M’s brings Ghoul’s Mix Sugar Cookie Dough to Walmart
- P&G’s Gillette Treo razor is engineered to make assisting others easier
- Nestle debuts soluble plant-based lattes under Nescafe Gold label
- H-E-B to build 2nd tech center in Texas
- Brach’s sets sail with new mermaid candy corn
- Heinz produces Ed Sheeran-inspired bottle
- Chick-fil-A expands national menu with mac and cheese
- What are the top trends in snacks and sweets?
- The “fresh vs. tech” food conundrum
- Oat milk’s popularity expands to the ice cream case
Interested in aligning your brand alongside the hot topics of the year? Check out what SmartBrief’s Food & Travel editors have identified as trending content topics for 2019 (download).
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA SmartBrief or Restaurant Smartbrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.